Tuesday 14 June 2011

Chris Packham Slimming World sausages and sweet dreams

BREUGHEL Landscape with the Fall of Icarus
My subconcious is the coolest thing . I know other peoples' dreams are the epitome of boring so sorry about that...!
last night after retreating gingerly to bed with my bottle full of chemical (call the hospital IMMEDIATLEY if it leaks onto your skin) after a creepy day of chemical hook up (slightly medieval) dark radiation room with massive calibration dial and green laser beams (startlingly futuristic) soothed somewhat by supper ,courtesy of Lou, of Slimming World sausages (yes they exist and they are not made of quorn) and Springwatch-Chris Packham always makes me feel better....I dreamt a brilliant dream.
 I was off shore at the top of a tall narrow rock, land in sight but in deep water and fabulous waves were trying to topple me off. I was holding a book and it was affecting my ability to hold on so I threw it off and grasped the rock. Then I was in the air flying with Lou and Christine either side of me I knew our flying ability was about to go but I threw myself forward and down and we landed safely. I recognize a reference to the song that gives this blog its name a song which contains Joni's thoughts on Amelia Earhart , Icarus and herself who all found themselves out of their depth (in the air!) .
 I threw the book away in the dream  a reminder not to base this blog solely on all the research I have done (and phew I reckon I'm probably GCSE standard on cancer and its traetment both standard and complementary). It's got to have daft Jen (who flies around in the air and gets caught by waves ) talking too. And tell not just of the wonders of medicine and complementary medicine but talk too of magic...my old friend Wendy emailed me last night to tell me that I am to be honoured, along with others, with a prayer to the full moon tomorrow in her Pentangle group. My  next blog will be all about the magic I find everywhere that comforts me  .

 Today I woke up with the picc line looking like it had sprung a leak so I drove to the hospital (I'm going to get very good at negotiating  the dreaded Gabalfa roundabout with all these trips) -turns out my skin was protesting at the sterile dressings that keep it stuck on so I now have a special false skin layer between me and the strips-it took two nurses 20 minutes to do-the NHS is doing me proud with all this Care. Guess I'll be Running for Life next year. Off there again in an hour or two for the radiating...

I thought I'd start a Spotify playlist for Dreams Amelia which will start with Joni and continue with songs suggested by the things I think about and experience. Thought I'd put in The Swimming Song in memory of my last surf at Booby's Bay (and one of the magic things). Here's the link-let me know if you can't get it to work

No comments:

Post a Comment